Is your student looking for a good book to read in French or Spanish? Our Digital Library offers tons of free resources for kids who want to learn, read, and listen to books in French or Spanish. Check out our favourite tools below for supporting bilingual literacy.
Use your free Library membership to access these great apps and resources. No Library card? No problem. Sign up for free online and start using it now.
eReading Room for Kids
- Find popular audio and eBooks titles for French-speaking kids in our eReading Room for Kids, including Harry Potter, Captain Underpants, and Dogman.
- Borrow kids’ audio and eBook titles in Spanish like Harry Potter, as well as fairy tales and science books.
- Read kids’ magazines in multiple languages, including French and Spanish, in PressReader.
Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos
- Want to find cool facts about your favourite animal or learn how to make a craft in Spanish? Explore the Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos to learn new words from a visual dictionary, read articles and videos on a variety of topics, and try fun activities like making your own play dough.
- Get students excited about research and strengthen their French language skills at the same time with engaging activities in the L’Encyclopedie Decouverte, aimed at beginner French reading levels.
- Browse a selection of animated French and Spanish eBooks for kids that they can read, watch, or listen to in the TumbleBook Library.